Crafting and Implementing Strategy [One Day Workshop]
Strategy centres on fundamental decisions about what an organisation does, how it does it, and for whom.
Crafting and Implementing Strategy deals with strategy in a practical way, where the ability to read and adapt to a complex environment can lead to vastly improved results.
Crafting and Implementing Strategy goes beyond the half-day Strategy Primer workshop by allowing participants to apply key strategic insights to their own organisations and business units, enabling them to hit the ground running with new strategic tools, insights and action plans.
After completing Crafting and Implementing Strategy participants will be able to:
• Describe how their organisation deals with the key strategic challenge of meshing their organisation’s areas of competence and excellence with the market need and opportunity lying before it
• Describe what a Strategic Issue is, and identify those Strategic Issues confronting their organisation
• Describe how to formulate strategy
• Develop an implementation plan and monitor progress.
Crafting and Implementing Strategy includes the following:
• Strategy as a means of adapting to the business (or stakeholder) environment
• Identifying your organisation’s purpose
• Strategy and the performance cycle
• Applying a SWOT analysis to your business or organisation for maximum impact
• Identifying the opportunities open to your organisation
• What a Strategic Issue is, why it’s important, and how to identify your organisation’s
• How to prevent bad things happening to your good strategies
• What a strategic planning process looks like for your organisation
• Examples of different strategy types, and
• Your organisation’s stakeholders, and how to deal strategically with their influence on your organisation.
Each participant receives a pack of material including notes, templates and articles.
Crafting and Implementing Strategy is aimed at executives and senior managers responsible for setting organisational direction, and mid-level managers responsible for formulating divisional strategy, or implementing or executing strategy.
Note: if your Executive or senior management team requires actual strategy facilitation and planning services please contact us on phone 0414 383 374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Carman Consulting assists organisations define and improve performance; develop and implement strategy; and creatively solve problems. We do this through the use of learning and development courses (off the shelf and tailored), workshops, focus groups, research, structured programs, and reviews.
For inquiries contact Michael Carman on phone 0414 383 374 or email email@example.com
© Michael Carman 2010-2012